Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blogging on blogs

Ok it seems I couldn't get the subdomain I wanted.

finalboss
endboss
miniboss
bigboss

so I settled for bossenemy!

I was typing up this long (multi page) background about myself and where I worked but who really cares. So here's the short version....

Before I was a game designer I spent around 4 years testing video games. Testing games was the easiest job to get out of college :). I was also very driven outside of work and was involved in modding popular PC games and working on my own projects with programmers I met through game development forums. Looking back now the pivotal point of me getting into design was when I was offered a position to be a tools tester. This allowed me to get hands on experience with actual production level tools used at the studio. From there it was only under a year and I was out of test. In fact I didn't even get a design job at the studio I tested tools for. I was hired by another company to work as a level designer. However after only 6 months I was laid off due to restructuring at the company. From there I was rehired back as a designer from my previous employer :).

So what's going on now? I'm currently working full time and my off time is spent developing a website for the casual games community. I'll describe the site in more detail in my next blog post.

No comments: